American Psychological Association or APA has published requirements that are specific guidelines for writing assignments and papers in social sciences. Aside from guidelines for citations, references and initial pages, you will find needless to say some guidelines when it comes to outlines of papers and assignments.
Basic principles and guidelines in American Psychological Association (APA)
The rules that are basic guidelines into the American Psychological Association (APA) are the following:
- 12-point Sheriff, Times New Roman or Courier font for all text and a minimum of 8-point font for tables and figures.
- The written text needs to be double spaced like the quotes and reference list.
- The page numbers needs to be found in the upper corner that custom writing is right of paper.
- The margins must be set to 1” for each region of the paper.
- The title of the thesis should be stated on the cover page and then it should be placed only in the left corner that is upper of pages.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) will not use underlined text.